Travel to Peru with TSPR
It's time to go beyond the brochure...
Discover the people and places that will make this tour special and do it from the comfort of your own computer. Larn from travel experts and lose yourself in incredible images of Peru. This is the first step on what will be an amazing adventure. A recording of the recent webinar presentation about this trip can be viewed here, at your convenience.
Travel to Peru, the ancient land of mysteries with Tri States Public Radio. On this eight-day journey, designed by one of the oldest U.S. tour operators, experience one of the treasures of South America. Departing September 20, 2014, this tour brings travelers to learn about the enduring Peruvian cultures while seeing the breathtaking beauty of the Andes. Travel through this intriguing land visiting some of the world’s most legendary sites, including Machu Picchu, the "Lost City of the Incas."
- Explore the historical center of Lima, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the artwork at San Francisco Monastery and enter the catacombs. View the Government Center, the elegant Cathedral at Plaza de Armas, an abundance of colonial architecture, and the fashionable suburbs of San Isidro and Miraflores for insight into the daily life of the Limeños.
- In Cuzco, learn the centuries-old methods of spinning, dyeing and weaving Andean traditional textiles during a visit to Awana Kancha, a living museum of the Peruvian Andes.
- Visit the spectacular Ollantaytambo ruins, the only Inca settlement that has been continually inhabited since its inception. A unique terraced complex topped with carved stone panels, these ruins reflect ancient Incan architecture and heritage. Do as the locals do and enjoy a tasting of “chicha,” a unique regional drink made from maize, at a local pub.
- Climb aboard the Machu Picchu train for breathtaking views through domed windows as you ride through the Andes to the “Lost City of the Incas.” Hidden by mountains and semi-tropical jungle, Machu Picchu is considered the most spectacular sight in South America. Spend the afternoon with your guide uncovering the mysteries of these majestic ruins.
- Stay at the base of Machu Picchu for a chance to further soak up its atmosphere. Savor the local cuisine during an exclusive culinary demonstration at your luxury hotel at the base of Machu Picchu.
To receive a free brochure, please contact Margaret Roberts Travel at 309-837-4711 or 309-255-2581.
About Collette Vacations:
With a passion for travel since 1918, major worldwide tour operator Collette Vacations has fulfilled thousands of vacation dreams. A family-owned business headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island with additional divisions in Canada and the United Kingdom, Collette offers more than 140 programs to destinations on all seven continents. Its diverse travel collection features inclusive land tours, river cruises, rail journeys, small group tours, family vacations, religious programs and garden holidays. With knowledgeable, professional Tour Managers, a 98% customer-approval rating, an industry-leading cancellation waiver, and roundtrip home to airport sedan service on all air-inclusive tours, Collette seamlessly takes care of the details. Learn more online here.