Most Active Stories
The Takeaway is the national morning news program that delivers the news and analysis you need to catch up, start your day, and prepare for what's ahead. Host John Hockenberry, along with the The New York Times and WGBH Boston, invites listeners every morning to learn more and be part of the American conversation on-air and online at http://www.thetakeaway.org.
The Takeaway is a unique partnership of global news leaders. It is a co-production of PRI (Public Radio International) and WNYC Radio in collaboration with The New York Times and WGBH Boston.
Three-time Peabody Award winner, four-time Emmy winner and "Dateline NBC" correspondent, John Hockenberry has broad experience as a journalist and commentator for more than two decades. He has reported from all over the world, in virtually every medium, having anchored programs for network, cable and radio.
Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:00pm
1. Gaza: A Day of Rage & The Search for a Cease-Fire | 2. Plagiarism: From High School to Congress | 3. 40 Years After Watergate, New Film Lets Nixon Speak in His Own Words | 4. Preserving Your Sanity With a Vacation From the News Media
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:00pm
1. The Elusive Dream of Peace in Gaza | 2. Tax Dodgers: U.S. Fears Firms Who Choose to be 'Un-American' | 3. Arizona Inmate Takes 2 Hours to Die | 4. Feminist Icons: From Rosie the Riveter to Beyoncé
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:00pm
1. When the Skies Are Too Dangerous to Fly | 2. Who Killed KGB Agent Alexander Litvinenko? | 3. Powerful Politician Kills Bill to Protect Vets | 4. Designing Outdoor Play With Creativity in Mind
Monday, July 21, 2014 11:00pmToday's Takeaways: Aggressive Propaganda, The Realities of Breast Cancer, and Outdoor Play as Medicine
1. In Russia, Propaganda Mounts Around MH17 Crash | 2. 'Under Her Skin': The Realities of Breast Cancer | 3. Could Jimmy Carter's Grandson Unseat a Governor? | 4. Doctors Prescribe New Medicine For Kids: Go Outside
Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:00pmToday's Takeaways: A Blame Game, An Unlikely Act of Service, and A New Approach to Music and Memories
1. The Netherlands Pays the Greatest Toll in MH17 Crash | 2. Listeners Respond: The Music & Memories of Your Past | 3. Student Pallbearers Serve the Underprivileged | 4. Combating Alzheimer's With Music