Gary Noneman, who serves as District Associate Judge for South Lee County, is retiring next month after 30 years on the bench. Seven people applied to replace him, including a pair of southeast Iowa prosecutors.
The field consists of
- Kimberly Auge – State Public Defender
- Amy Beavers – Des Moines County Attorney
- Clinton Boddicker – Lee County Attorney
- Robert Reding – Private Practice
- Lisa Schaefer – Private Practice
- Jonathan Stensvaag – State Public Defender
- Steven Westercamp – Magistrate Judge for Van Buren County
The seven will be interviewed by the Lee County Magistrate Appointing Commission at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 27. The commission consists of three attorneys and three county residents.
The commission will recommend three finalists, who will be interviewed by the judges who serve in Judicial Election District 8B (Lee, Des Moines, Henry and Louisa Counties) on Friday, December 8.
The judges, by majority vote, will appoint one of the finalists to fill the vacancy.
Amy Beavers has served as Des Moines County Attorney since July 2014.
Lee County Attorney Clinton Boddicker has been on the job for six months.