Plenty of Candidates in MO 6th District
The men running to represent northeast Missouri in Congress will have to be ready for some serious windshield time if elected.
The 6th Congressional district is massive, encompassing more than 30 counties.
The district covers roughly the northern third of the state, mixing ag areas and urban settings from Kirksville and Hannibal to St. Joseph and several suburbs of Kansas City.
Eight men are running in next week’s primary.
- Sam Graves (Incumbent) - Tarkio, Mo.
- Kyle Reid - Louisiana, Mo.
- Christopher Ryan - Liberty, Mo.
- Brian Tharp - Rock Port, Mo.
- Gary Lynn Crose - Gladstone, Mo.
- Edward Fields - Kansas City, Mo.
- Bill Hedge - St. Joseph, Mo.
- Russ Monchil - Cameron, Mo.
Almost all of the candidates live in the western portion of the district. In fact, only Reid resides within 150 miles of Clark County, Mo.
Barring any run-off elections, the top vote getter from each party will move to the November election.
Meanwhile, there should not be a change in representation in Jefferson City for northeast Missouri.
State Sen. Brian Munzlinger (R-Lewis County) and State Rep. Craig Redmon (R-Lewis County) are the only candidates running in their respective districts.